Why Karela part of your Nutrition
Dec 14 2020 5:36PM
5 Reasons why Karela (Bitter Gourd) should be a part of your Nutrition
What’s the image that comes to your mind when you think of Karela/Bitter Gourd?
Whether it is the cringe memory or being force-fed Karela as a kid or the dark green color that has been so discredited, Karela has not been a very popular fruit (yes, it is a fruit, not a vegetable) when it comes to taste and choices – yet Karela continues to be found in every household. There’s a reason Karela is still so creditable, despite all those cringe reactions and the stringent oppositions from the youngsters. This is because it has numerous health benefits for the body such as:
- It is highly nutritious: Karela is one of the most nutritious fruits with around 930mg of proteins and just 150mg of fat in every 100g. It also has high water content and provides a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folate, zinc, iron and antioxidants.
- A great tonic for the Heart: Bitter gourd helps to reduce LDL and reduces the risk of heart attacks by unclogging arteries. The rich source of potassium helps to absorb excess sodium and maintain blood pressure
- Helps to get glowing Skin and shining Hair: Being a rich source of powerful anti-oxidants, Vitamin A and C, Bitter Gourd helps to provide you a clear, wrinkly-free skin and treats blemishes. Not only this, the presence of zinc, Biotin and Vitamins in every dose of Karela helps you to get the shiny long and hair!
- Helps in Weight Loss: Well there’s a reason that Karela is one of the top fruits in diets and detox. It is low in calories, fat and carbohydrates and is filling enough to keep you satisfied and your hunger calm for a long time. Thus, it becomes the most apt fruit when thinking of weight loss! It also increases your fiber intake and has great effects on fat-burning as shown by research.
- Great for Diabetes: Karela/Bitter Gourd has been used around the world to help in controlling blood sugar level in the body. There are many researches that showcase the positive effects of Karela on blood sugar and how it helped to significantly decrease the levels of fructosamin. It helps to improve the way sugar is being absorbed in the tissues and promotes the secretion of insulin.
It’s time to change your notion and preconceptions of Karela and accept it as the superfood it is! Choose from your preferred form of intake from our “Karela” supplements from “Karela Jamun Juice” to “Karela Capsules” and start today!