Why Haldi is a Powerful Spices
Nov 25 2020 2:24PM
6 Reasons Why Haldi (Turmeric) is one of the most Powerful Spices
Haldi Milk or ‘Turmeric Latte’ has become newly popular as an immunity building drink all over the world. However, it has been the go-to for every Indian household since centuries. You might ask yourself, why is this so? Well, Haldi is one of the most powerful and versatile spice, that has myriad of health benefits and can be molded and mixed with almost everything. The simple ease of using it, combined with its multitude of benefits make it one of the most used spice, both in everyday life and in Ayurveda. It’s a lesser known fact but Haldi is actually a hidden ingredient in a variety of Skin Care, Immunity, Digestive and Pain relief products. Whether as an ingredient in Giloy Wheatgrass Juice or as a part of skin care, soaps and packs, it has proved to be effective over and over again.Here are a few reasons why Haldi is so beneficial for our body:
- Boosts Immunity – The medicinal property of Turmeric has been proven to boost the immune system, treat countless diseases, provide essential nutrients and reduce the risk of other disease. It is also known as a brain food and is great for reducing inflammation and building up of protein plague in the brain.
- Increases the Anti-Oxidant Capacity of the Body – Oxitative damage is one of the main mechanisms behind aging and a range of other diseases. Antioxidants on the other hand help to protect the body from these free radicals. Turmeric with its high anti-oxidant effects, neutralizes free radicals on its own but also stimulates your body’s own antioxidant enzymes.
- Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease – There are several factors which help Turmeric reduce the risk of heart diseases. It improves the lining of your blood vessels and helps to regulate blood pressure, clotting and other factors while also being a potent anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- Has incredible effects against depression – Curcumin acts as an active anti-depressant and it helps to neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine
- Has anti-cancer properties – Turmeric helps to affect cancer formulation, growth and development from the beginning stage. Studies have shown that Turmeric can actually reduce the spread of cancer and contributes to the death of cancer cells. There is also evidence that it may help prevent cancer.
- Is great for skin – Turmeric has been popularly used in face masks and other cosmetics for its Anti-Ageing properties. Furthermore, it has been said that Turmeric helps to treat a myriad of skin related issues and diseases.